- In my Year-ahead Reading, March is poised to bring some really big, collaborative issues my way.
- When I look at these cards, the first thought that comes to mind is “That which does not kill me will make me stronger” But the ordering of the cards really doesn’t say that.
- Temperance, for me, is about blending, mixing, and collaborating. The work requires both physical and mental strength in that patience with any action will bring about a more permanent transformation of a situation than could any unaccepted forceful push.
- Perhaps the reading is about becoming stronger in a more transcendent way
- This morning I read a quote by Edgar Cayce that spoke of this very thing
- “In the hope, in the associations, in the directing; not by long precepts, but by the living example; ye may bring harmony to many” reading 2376-4
- When I listen to the reader, he talks about resilience and measuring out what I want to do and not waste my time, effort and energy on things that don't matter.
- The test is to enter into right relationships with all aspects which affect my vision and not to force people into my way of thinking or doing. This will result in a transformation that may be more subtle than I would like, but the transition to a different way will have begun.
- Will I become more patient with those around me?
- Will I stop extending myself?
- Could this be the change forecasted by the reader?
I didn’t do a pre-month write up for February because the pace of life didn’t allow it. Looking back and after hearing the reader’s narrative again, this month was about establishing real boundaries with regards to people wanting me to change how I do things.
And I missed the mark.
I had two days where I could have stayed home from work, but I allowed myself to be talked into babysitting phones at work. Instead of using the time to my advantage, I limited the amount of personal work I could do for my business, thus becoming frustrated as the phone would always ring at the most critical time.
I forgot to hold my own time as sacred. And yes, the tower did come crashing down on my project multiple times as I worked and reworked a simple necklace. The ivory tower that is the J. O. B. crashed down on everything that I wanted to accomplish. But I have learned my lesson (I think).
In a year full of communication challenges, guarding the communication system at work did little to help me in the development of my own vision. The decision I made to accept was rushed into without thinking about the consequences. Although this allowed me to hold onto two paid vacation days, I’m not sure that this action was really necessary.
But, there are two upcoming events in the Winter for which I did postpone sending in the applications, not wanting to be rushed. I’m happy that I waited to respond because, one of them is a non-traditional event, a craft show. The sponsor wanted to know if had done that before. I was able to think of an appropriate response after the first of March.